CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 1, 2009

August!

Today is the first day of August. This is a very special month for our family. First of all Billy's birthday, and my niece Lauren's birthdays are Aug 9th! Then Billy and I will celebrate our wedding anniversary on Aug 14th. We also found out we were pregnant with both Mallory and Makenna during the month of Aug. (Mallory Aug 25th, Makenna Aug 19th!) Last my birthday is Aug 28th. YAY!!!! We have lots to celebrate this month. Since it is our anniversary month I thought I would share our "love story"!

Billy and I knew each other in high school. We sat beside of one another in freshman German class. I had a secret crush on him, LOL and he insists he had one on me. We became friends and always said a friendly hello when we passed each other in the hall but that was about it. Our senior year he dated my very best friend. She had been my friend since third grade. I know, I know I am so mean. LOL (side note this was only a six week high school romance.) When the friend broke up with him right before prom I asked Billy if he would like to go with our group of friends. He agreed and somehow we ended up paired off. Its hilarious looking back because although we weren't a "couple" we have all these professional, and snapshot pictures of us in our prom get-up. LOL Anyways, after prom we didn't reconnect for almost three years. One weekend while I was home from Asheville, my family talked me into calling him up and checking on him. And I guess you could say the rest is history. Within a month we were "dating" and within six weeks of that we were married. God knew His plan for us, even when it seemed to everyone else we were crazy. I am amazed at how wonderful our lives have turned out. Shortly after the wedding Billy got saved and within a year had announced his call to preach. I never imagined that God would bless us so abundantly. So in case I have forgotten to say it lately: "Thank you Lord for providing me with a wonderful spiritual leader for our home, a best friend, and partner in life. Thank you for blessing our family in more ways than I can begin to count. Thank you most of all for taking a sinner like me and saving me in Your mercy and grace!"

Happy August everyone!

0 comments: