CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Conner


Hello my blogging buddies! I have neglected you all in the past little bit, but I have been keeping up reading about everything you all post. My prayers and heart have been with you even when my comments have not. I only have a minute, but I am hoping that you all will join me in praying for Conner. As you may know Conner was born with a port wine stain covering most of his right cheek. At first we were told it was bruising, then later a birthmark associated with Sturge-Weber Syndrome, and then now we are being told it is simply a cosmetic disadvantage. How blessed we feel to know that although God would have still been gracious had Conner been diagnosed with brain damage, our Lord chose not to lead us down that path at this time. We will continue to monitor him, and repeat CT scans and X-rays as he grows. Now for my prayer request. On Tuesday of this coming week Billy and I will be traveling to Baptist Hospital in Winston Salem in order to consult with a plastic surgeon. We have been informed that there is a laser treatment that will help remove, or at least fade the appearance of the stain. Hopefully that will allow Conner to face childhood, adolescene and his adult life without the hurtful remarks of curious people. I am not positive what this first visit will include, but later visits will involve general anesthesia on such a little fellow. Right now our prayer is that God will heal the small infection that is on his cheek and guide the physicians as they counsel us in this desicion-making process. I know that when Conner was born and in ICU I could feel your prayers surrounding my family. Although I feel selfish to ask for that same fervency for a cosmetic procedure, it would be such a blessing to our family to know there were such Godly ladies praying with us. Thank you for being my friends. Much love to you all.

0 comments: