CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I have a goodly heritage.....

First and foremost I would like everyone to know how enjoyable this has been for me. I love getting to read about stuff going on in our lives....especially for those of you I don't get to talk to daily. With that said....let me tell you about my weekend. My grandparents live in TN and we don't visit near as often as we should. This weekend the girls and I got the special privilege of going with my parents to visit. It was so wonderful to get to spend a few days with them without the hustle and bustle that is there around holidays. The girls got to get to know their great grandparents to a greater depth and I got to be amazed at how much my life has changed since I was a little one playing in their floor. There are so many things that have shaped me into who I am today. God's hand was weaving all the different pieces in my life, even when I thought I was in control. BUT I am sooo glad that I had Godly grandparents to look up to. My grandfather never even made it to school past the second grade, he can't read or write, but all my life he has told me about our Lord. He listens to the Bible on tape and memorizes whatever scripture he will be preaching out of. I have heard him stand behind the pulpit and quote verse after verse and no one else even had a clue he wasn't just reading it like they were. I have seen my grandmother pray and cry out to God for her sons to be saved. It is such a blessing to be able to share these two wonderful people with my girls. I am so glad God allowed me to be brought up in a Christian family. I may not be rich in the world's eyes but I am truly blessed beyond measure.

2 comments:

chadandnikki said...

You always hear that you can't pick your family. For us, that's a good thing. We have a Godly heritage, not a worldly heritage. Thanks for posting this!

Joan Carr said...

With a heritage like that who needs money. You had the most valuable thing given to you possible. We don't see that as a child or teen but as we get older and hopefully know more about the Lord we can see how He blessed us throughout your childhood.